Monday, November 14, 2011

CAKE POPS! Semi-homemade!

My first experience with cake pops was on a recent trip to Puerto Rico.  I was in downtown San Juan and stopped into the Starbucks.  I was online waiting to order when I saw the cake pops and i had to order one! I took a bite of the cake pop and instantly fell in love!  They are very sweet but since it’s just a bite…its PERFECT.  I came up with a way to make to them “semi homemade.” 

What you will need:       
Vanilla Cake Mix – any brand
Whipped Vanilla Frosting – any brand
Wilton Candy Melts – pick any color!
Long Lollipop sticks
Sprinkles
Styrofoam 
Sandwich Bags – the ones that fold over not zip
Ribbon


1.  Bake the cake.  Follow the directions on the back of the box. 


2.  After cake is fully baked - place it on a cooling rack

3. After cake is completed cooled off.  Get a large mixing bowl and rip the cake into small pieces and place in the mixing bowl. Take the icing and little by little start mixing it into the pieces of cake until you make a sticky batter. 


4.  Roll the batter into balls about the size of a large gum ball.  You want to keep them this size because if the balls are too heavy they will fall off the popsicle stick.  Place them on a cookie sheet lined with foil paper to prevent sticking.


5.  Melt a small amount of the Wilton Candy Melts.  Just enough to dip the tip of all the lollipop sticks.  This is an important step it holds the stick in the cake batter.


6.  Put them back in the fridge for about an hour.  You need the balls to be as cold as possible so the hot chocolate sticks on the cake pops easily.
7.  Melt a large amount Wilton Chocolates.  Melt the chocolate in the microwave (follow the directions on the back of the bag) Make sure you melt enough so its deep enough to cover the cake pops.

8. Sprinkle Sprinkles on the top and stick in Styrofoam.  After you finish put the cake pops back in the fridge to harden.  This takes about an hour.  


9.  As you wait for the cake pops to harden you can cut the sandwich bags and the ribbon.  I used the fold as my cutting line.
 

THE FINISHED PRODUCT...SOOOO CUTE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those look awesome! Yummmm.. I didn't see this post on my board =(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome !!! Congrats :)
    You're invited to enter my Chanel & Too Faced Giveaway !
    Follow Fashion and Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made cake pops before, because they look so hard to make. but you made it look super easy! I'm definitely going to try that out(: xx

    http://natsbeautybits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. super easy!! let me know how they come out xx

    ReplyDelete

XoXo,
Shannon

Follow me <3
http://shashashanshan.blogspot.com/